Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Do You Now Believe?

Today when I flipped over the date on my Oswald Chambers desk calendar (for those of you who are Oswald purest - this is "an updated edition in today's langauge" in other words, an Oswald for Dummies - much more my speed!) this is the message from the Truth waiting for me:


This makes us believe..."You believe at last!" Jesus answered. John 16:30-31

Our soul has gotten out of intimate contact with God by leaning on its own religious understanding. We should get in the habit of continually seeking His counsel on everything, instead of making our own commonsense decisions and then asking Him to bless them.



Wow! That really hit home with me. God, forgive me when I reduce You to my limited understanding of who You are. Please release me to fully know You, beyond human understanding, beyond the confines of my religion, beyond my own commonsense reasoning!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Amen Amen Amen!
Rings of "we settle far too easily....".

When I get my act together, I will share some thoughts I have been reading along the same lines... God is good at those 'not so coincidences...'


Love you !