Monday, April 14, 2008

From pigtails to wedding veils

Where did the time go?????? Eight weeks from today my baby girl will promise the rest of her life to the love of her life. At times I’m giddy with excitement for her, and at times I’m overwhelmed with memories of a little girl who loved to pick flowers, play kitchen, and dolls. If I had searched the whole world over, I couldn't have found a better man to become my daughter's husband. He loves her way more than he loves himself and just a little less than he loves his Lord. As I said, he is perfect for her. They are such a fun couple! It is an interesting phase of life when your daughter moves from being your child to one of your best friends. It’s the greatest feeling ever! I’ve been a very blessed Mom; my children have all married (or are about to marry) amazing people! It's so like God to fulfill our heart's desires in ways that we never dreamed! Van claims that when we met, one of the first things I told him about myself was that I wanted six children! Well, my health only held out for three, but as of June 14th, I will have all six of my children - three girls and three boys! Isn't God amazing! We are in the midst of wedding mania and having a ball! I find myself, as Mary did, treasuring each moment in my heart.

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

aaawww--such a sweet post! I can so relate, too!

Lindsay said...

I agree with jettybetty! Though I can't relate ;-), it is such a sweet post! I am so happy for all of you at this exciting time. I pray that God will bless this marriage always, and that it will be a mighty tool in His kingdom.

You are wonderful, my friend, and I love you!

Tammy said...

Enjoy, dear friend, enjoy!