Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blessed beyond Measure

Tonight was one of those nights you imagine in movies. I never thought I would ever get to sit outside my life and peak in on it and just study how incredibly blessed I am. I found myself sitting a little ways off from “the action” and able to just soak it all in.

Our kids planned a family evening of food and fellowship at a local restaurant where our oldest son is a waiter. Of course the plan was to get a big table in his serving area and all be together. Well, as things sometimes go, they had just seated a party of twenty in his area shortly before our arrival. They could split us up and put some at a booth and some at a table. We had them seat all our kids together and we sat at a table close by. Instead of being disappointing, it was amazing! We were just far enough away that they had their own conversations and interactions, but close enough that we were a part of the group. There was an awning over the area where we were eating and their booth was brightly lit so it had the feeling of looking into a window from the shadows outside. I know they caught me starring at them occasionally as they laughed, talked, and enjoyed each other’s company. I just couldn’t take my eyes off that sight! My blessings all in front of me; my children, my daughter-in-love and soon to be son in-love (I hate the "in-law" thing - it was love that brought these precious people to our family not law!), and my precious granddaughters! Van and I sat for a while in the shadows talking and giggling in our own world and then just soaking it in!! I am incredibly blessed!

Mother’s Day came early this year. That snapshot in my mind and in my heart that brings such deep and penetrating joy is priceless!! Thank you God for my family! I am blessed beyond measure!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

:)

Love you Mommy.

Lindsay said...

Praise God for the blessings He so lovingly pours out on us! Don't you just love those moments when He gives us the opportunity to just sit back and realize and appreciate how truly blessed we are? He is a good God! Thanks for sharing this with us and reminding us of His goodness.

I love you, friend.

Tammy said...

I love it! The whole idea and image you gave is something I have treasured often with my family...Makes you wonder how big God smiles when he looks at us looking at such a scene...love you!

Danna said...

This is awesome! I am smiling and choked up all at once!

Love you!!!

jettybetty said...

Sometimes I just know my plan is the best, but when I step back and try to understand God's plan--I know His is always better. Thanks for sharing your joy!!