Monday, January 22, 2007

A thrilling thought!

As I turned over the page for one of my "thought for the day" calanders, I was greeted with this thrilling thought, (actually it's tomorrow's thought but I peeked!) -

"If we could see as our Father sees, I'm convinced we would be amazed at the size of His family. If the spiritual iceberg were suddenly turned upside down and exposed for all to view, the magnitude of the Church He is building would literally take our breath away."

"I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne." Revelation 7:9
The Grace of Encouragement Charles Swindoll

I am so thankful that God removed the religious scales from my eyes and that now I see the HIS family more completely! Why did I ever think we were in this all by ourselves?!? Praise God, there really is safety and strength in numbers! Praise God, HIS church doesn't have just one brand name! Praise God, HE is in charge of building HIS church! May we see HIS church for what it is - truly awesome!

4 comments:

jettybetty said...

AMEN!!!

Vanessa said...

Heather tagged you...you need to get on the ball ma'am. :)

Tammy said...

Amen Sister! Amen! Know what you mean by the scales over your eyes...think I had a log in each eye to boot! Love you!!!!

Carrie said...

Jeanne....Hi my sweet friend....Thank you for always being the encouraging person you are! You are always upbeat and positive and I love it! I also miss seeing you and getting my hugs!!! I would love to do an online blog bible study....I know I have time for it now:) Thank you for the prayers on behalf of my family! It is nice to know someone is faithfully praying for you. I love you...and let me know when you want to do the bible study...
Love you friend!!!