Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Dilemma of Obedience

This is today's quote of the day -

[Samuel] was afraid to tell Eli the vision. 1 Samuel 3:15

Get into the habit of saying, "Speak, Lord," and life will become a romance (1Samuel 3:9). Every time circumstances press in on you, say, "Speak, Lord," and make time to listen. As we listen, our ears become more sensitive, and like Jesus, we will hear God all the time.

"My Utmost for His Highest" - Oswald Chambers - An Updated Edition in Today's Language

(Yes, that sort of Oswald Chambers for Dummies!)

2 comments:

Heather said...

My Bible sits in front of me. I'm scrolling through blogs tonight because something is weighing heavily on me. I want to know God's words and will so badly and yet and I'm avoiding it through distraction that's not really working.

I copied this quote from a friends's blog that I just read that really hit me:

"but I to choose to press an override button because I know God might require me to do something different…"

Then I get to your blog. And I hear Him. Through you. And I read your last post too. And I realize to what obvious lengths He will go to get me to shut off my mind and open my heart. So you're my last comment of the night. I'm shutting down to open up to Him. - if any of that made sense. If it didn't, pretend I leaned too far past your ear....:-)

Thanks. :-)

jettybetty said...

MUFHH is my very favorite devotional book! So many days, God gives me something I really need from Chambers' words.