Friday, March 30, 2007

ISWW 2007

Wasn't workshop wonderful this year? Of course, I think we say that every year! This year was somehow even more wonderful than ever before. It's so hard to pick a favorite moment but every class, every keynote, every worship, okay, everything was just running over with God's Spirit. Thursday morning while I was getting ready I read my daily devotional from a book I have. The following is an excerpt from that day's thought:

"He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less."
2 Corinthians 5:5 (The Message)

"... There's no confusing the present world with the eternal home that awaits you. But, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a taste right now. Close your eyes.
Think about meeting Jesus face-to-face."

The theme this year was Jesus: The Model, the Messenger, The Mission. That's why it was so wonderful and more. It was all about Jesus and if you were there you did get to see a glimpse of Him face-to-face. I've decided that 2 Corinthians 5:5 is my new definition of the ISWW - "...a little of Heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less."

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

I would love to be able to go again some day--that sounds soooo wonderful!

Terry Rush said...

Jeanne,

You are one of those gasoline tossers! You find a glorious fire of God's and you just keep tossing on more gasoline and the fire only burns brighter.

I need you around me! Thanks for the joy in Him you continue to place upon my path!

I love you today!
Terry

Shane Coffman said...

That's a neat verse of encouragement that I had never noticed before. Thanks for sharing that here and at rehearsal on Thursday evening!