Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's hard to believe that one year has come and gone and our sweet Ethne is already a year old. The day she was born time seemed to stand still. The first time I saw her was in her Daddy's arms as he walked her into the nursery barely a few minutes old. That sight took my breath away!



















When I actually saw my child holding his child, it was such an amazing feeling. It was just a little glimpse of what the Father must feel as He looks down on His children learning to give life through Him to others. Such a powerful image that it still takes my breath away!













As the days have gone by I am still amazed by that sweet baby girl. There is no greater thrill than when I get to see her and reach out to her and those precious little hands reach for me! I love to "read" to her. Of course, at this point it is speed reading because we mainly just look at the pictures;however when she sits on my lap and we "read", the rest of the world just fades away.










When she comes to our house, she goes straight to her toys and playtime begins. It's funny that sometimes I avoid going upstairs if I'm tired, but if Ethne is there I don't mind at all. We might as well be climbing Mount Everest because we have such a great adventure! I had forgotten how much fun tupperware can be! Boy, have I been missing out! I love our conversations! I'm not sure exactly what she says except Mum Mum and Dada and some assorted animal sounds, but we talk about a lot of things! I tell her how lucky she is to have such a wonderful Mommy and Daddy who love her more than she can imagine. I tell her that Nana and Papa love her so very much. I tell her that God loves her even more than all of us and that He will always watch over her.













Happy Birthday sweet Ethne! May all your wishes come true!

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

AWWWW--how precious--I could be jealous since we don't have grandchildren!!! If God ever does bless us that way--I think it will be so exciting!

I finished the "Cross Examination" book--kept me on the edge of me seat the whole read--it didn't end like I expected--did you find that??

Happy Birthday Ethne!!!!

Tammy said...

I can "ahhhmen" that and "aaamen" it too (Just read Heather's blog)! Ethne is precious as is the rest of her family...I love each and every one of you!